Welcome!


YES! You are the right page! I just have a new name! :) After realizing that I do more than just scrapbooking, I've decided to change the name and will be changing the look.. I'd do a whole new blog but I'd hate to have to start all over.
Here you will find scrapbooking ideas. There's a ton of older posts that used the Cricut, but lately I haven't been using it much and well, my sewing machine is gaining more miles by the day.

Files are currently not available due to file hosting fees, please send an email to amkscrap @ gmail.com (no spaces) if you would like to request a file and I'll see if I still have it on hand.

Email Updates :)

Just enter your email address to recieve Email updates when I update the site! It's Free!(**NOTE** I can not unsubscribe you if you choose not to recieve updates anymore. At the bottom of each email, there is a link to unsubscribe, just like I can't add you to the list, you have to do it yourself!**)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 10, 2009

My Purple Cricut!

I saw on the cricut board all these cool colored cricuts and well.. I wanted one too!
So I took the plung and painted mine purple and blue!


Here's the prep picture.. I had a heck of a time getting the rub-ons off from when I altered it before.. (see my Altered Cricut post for before pictures) so I just spray painted over the ones I couldn't get off..
Prep

And here it is done!

Painted and Done

Painted and Done

Did you know.. that spray paint eats through foam?!
I found that out while doing my touch ups! - I even had 2 bowls, and it ate right through them! Tin or plastic works MUCH better!!
Hole in bowl

9 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Very pretty. For me, I think it would be easier to paint my room to match the cricut and ATG gun, than to paint either one of those. You did a great job! hugs, eileen

Scrapamum said...

That looks fantastic. How did you do such a great job?

Christy said...

Ooooooh....that is pretty! great job :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful job. love the colors esspecially the purple

Cathy said...

That is awesome! I'm not that brave. Took me some time before I decided to paint my ATG (purple of course).

ThePurplePlace said...

I LOVE it! I wish so much I was brave enough to paint mine!

I would paint it PURPLE too!

Christine said...

Nooo I couldn't find it in my heart to defile my cricut, I love my bug just the way it is. But yours looks lovely and i love purple/lilac too ;-)

Suzzi said...

Brave it is. 1? did you spray in the bowl and use a brush or sprayed. I know I would have problems covering the dials. That takes talent (covering non-linear edges) and you did awesome!

all4sydney said...

I LOVE it Amanda!!! Thanks for the tip! I had no idea!!