Files are currently not available due to file hosting fees, please send an email to amkscrap @ gmail.com (no spaces) if you would like to request a file and I'll see if I still have it on hand.
Email Updates :)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
She posted an adorable card of a pair of pears - for the "perfect pear".
I adored it and had to make it right away!
Here's a link to her original card - http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=3170134&mpage=1&key=�
I made these as anniversary cards for my parents (the top one) and my brother (bottom one)
This first one is for my parents - their wedding colors were blue and white. Pears are embossed with Swiss dots, leaf is flocked. Veil is vellum, with stickle and skittle accents. Skittles colored with Silver alcohol ink. Flowers are stickles. Background paper is blue (it looks lavender in the picture) embossed with D'vine swirl.
This one is for my brother and his wife Everything's the same as above card, their colors were gold and purple. Background paper is left overs from their wedding invites that I made.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Made with George, the bird is from 50 states
DOWNLOAD SMALL BIRD CAGES
Here's a snip of the picture
So with Geroge and AE, I have created 2 bird cages :) The bird can be changed to whatever, it was from 50 states - just resize it to fit :) I have not cut these out, but they look like they will cut properly. If they become "unburped" in the download, just click the largest outline, copy it, delete it and paste it back in to the design.
The first one is a flocked title. used the Leave it to Weaver punch.
This one uses D'vine swirl on the right.
This one uses D'vine swirl on the right.
Threading water punch on the bottom. Merry Christmas is JOTS, and filled in with Stickles.
The black paper is Black Magic
Embossed with Spiderweb
distressed with sandpaper
the halloween item are K and Company - the pumpkins are made from wood. and I'm not sure what the 'rock' looking things are..
These are some Thanksgiving themed journal boxes that I have made for a swap.
The back is black magic paper, embossed with Argyle and distressed with sandpaper (so you can see the back color)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
All files include the layers so you won't have to guess what size they are :)
DOWNLOAD ALL CLEAN
DOWNLOAD PLAY TIME
DOWNLOAD BEST FRIENDS
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thank you to everyone who commented on my blog, and I hope that you come back again!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Here is what the Daisy's looked. I just picked them off the 'branch' that they came on. I purchased 7 stems, with 6 flowers on each. Each flower had 2 flowers with it. They were 99 cents each stem. Total Cost : $6.93 (before tax)
Then, I carefully removed the center from each, so that the flowers would become seperate. This will also allow me to use brads when attaching them to my project.
The first method I tried was using a Mist. This was purcahsed at HL for $3.59 a bottle. I got it on clearence, and it came in Green, Brown and Red also. I have used the Blueberry Shake for this tutorial.
I scattered a few flowers on to blank paper. This is just cardstock. I later found that it's best to have chipboard or scrap cardboard under it, so that it doesn't leak through on to your table.Then I just sprayed the flowers. I tried to do it as evenly as I could, but some were over sprayed. I found that the mist dries quite quickly.
Here's a Flower, colored with Mist.
And some Green and Brown misters too
Then, I tried alcohol inks. I have been very conservitive on my inks - don't want to run out. So I tried first to mix with water. The color here is from Tim Holtz, Wild Plum. *NOTE* My bowl turned pink. I used a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean it up, I'm sure something else would work too, but this was in reach when I dumped out the access water.
It didn't take much swirling in the water to give these flowers a nice pink shade. Unfortunetly, I was going for a more purple look. I checked though my inks, and I didn't have Eggplant which seems look more purplish.
Here's letting the flowers dry. They dried pretty quick too.
Being with water, they were more wet than the blue ones - look what it did to my table! Silly me, I should have put down some cardboard first. However Mr Clean Magic Eraser wiped the staining away.
My Next try was to use the ink directly onto the flower. This came to a pretty, rich purple. Still being the supplies hoarder I am, I didn't want to go through a bottle to dye these flowers.
Then I tried Inks. I started with a Martha Stewart ink that I purcahsed at Walmart. Here's a purple flower, and next is a blue flower.
I also tried VersaMagic Dew Drops Chalk - I loved the way that these turned out.
But, doing them with a small ink pad would have taken forever (or what seemed to be) so I got out my ColorBox Chalk Ink. These turned out really nice too, however being on a larger size, I felt that I was wasting my ink.
Here's a Versa Mark Brilliance . I did not like this one. These flowers have sat for about 23 hours. And this is the only one that is still WET! I moved it and got ink on my fingers.
So I went back to the Alcohol inks. Here's some purples
and some more colors
In the end, I like the look that using straight Alcohol ink gives the flowers. I did end up using my entire bottle of Wild Plum, but it was about 1/2 full when I started. Below is the Plum Flowers, dried.
In Conclusion, I feel that the inks did a much better job. I also liked the look of the misters.