Welcome!


YES! You are the right page! I just have a new name! :) After realizing that I do more than just scrapbooking, I've decided to change the name and will be changing the look.. I'd do a whole new blog but I'd hate to have to start all over.
Here you will find scrapbooking ideas. There's a ton of older posts that used the Cricut, but lately I haven't been using it much and well, my sewing machine is gaining more miles by the day.

Files are currently not available due to file hosting fees, please send an email to amkscrap @ gmail.com (no spaces) if you would like to request a file and I'll see if I still have it on hand.

Email Updates :)

Just enter your email address to recieve Email updates when I update the site! It's Free!(**NOTE** I can not unsubscribe you if you choose not to recieve updates anymore. At the bottom of each email, there is a link to unsubscribe, just like I can't add you to the list, you have to do it yourself!**)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Prayers for Abby


Would anyone be willing to send some cards to a sweet little girl?
My cousin's little girl is in the hospital. 
Her name is Abby and she is only 5 years old.  
Her parents took her in to their local ER yesterday afternoon after she was having dizzy spells, was off balance and throwing up. 
After a few tests, the doctors discovered a tumor in her brain, and had her air lifted an hour away to Iowa City. Last night they did surgery to try removing some of the pressure, and after that they did an MRI. That MRI showed that there was yet another tumor located really close to her brain stem, and they are going to try to remove it either the end of this week or the beginning of next.
Abby has 2 brothers and 3 sisters, ages 1 to 13, who are all doing their best to stay strong for their sister.

If some Get Well soon, or Thinking of you cards could be sent to Abby, that would make her day. Prayers are also greatly appreciated as the family goes through this difficult time. 


Abby Alcala
c/o Christina Alcala
1903 W 2nd Street
Davenport, IA 52802

Thank you so much!



 This picture was taken last night after her first surgery.

6 comments:

JPScraps said...

On it's way

Unknown said...

Poor girl, will send her one tonight but may take little longer to arrive cause its coming allt the way from Holland :)

Hope she will be feeling better soon!

Hugs Tammie

seau said...

Dear Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's little girl. I will certainly add her to my prayer list. God be with your family during this difficult time.

MizMaryAnn said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Yes, of course I'll send a card and prayers.
Blessings to all.

Jen D said...

We'll send her a card and prayers.

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Cards and prayers coming for Abby & your family tonight.

Roxx.T