Welcome!


YES! You are the right page! I just have a new name! :) After realizing that I do more than just scrapbooking, I've decided to change the name and will be changing the look.. I'd do a whole new blog but I'd hate to have to start all over.
Here you will find scrapbooking ideas. There's a ton of older posts that used the Cricut, but lately I haven't been using it much and well, my sewing machine is gaining more miles by the day.

Files are currently not available due to file hosting fees, please send an email to amkscrap @ gmail.com (no spaces) if you would like to request a file and I'll see if I still have it on hand.

Email Updates :)

Just enter your email address to recieve Email updates when I update the site! It's Free!(**NOTE** I can not unsubscribe you if you choose not to recieve updates anymore. At the bottom of each email, there is a link to unsubscribe, just like I can't add you to the list, you have to do it yourself!**)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, June 15, 2009

Asian Flair - Owl Whimsy

The Current Challenge on Owl Whimsy is to use their New Asian Flair stamp!

Here's my "Submission" for the free stamp set!

I started with plain white cardstock, covered it with Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen) and then printed the stamp.. HINT - Print stamp, THEN ink and crimple. it was a PAIN getting crimpled paper through the printer! Flowers were colored in with Brush Pens, and then also I outlined the vase. "Flowers" are Yarn wrapped around twist ties. I cut a slot on the top of the vase, stuck them in, and then used foam tape to mount on to the background paper - which is from the Far East DCWV stack, but you can't really see it too much. The Japanese Symbol Means "Friend", which was also printed on the crumpled paper. I also used Tim Holtz's Frayed Burlap, as an accent color. The overall size of this card is 7 1/2 x 5. (such odd sizes!)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Steph Sullins said...

Wow!! That's awesome!:) Thanks for playing!

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful, Amanda. I lived in Tokyo for 4 years and this looks like the cards I would see in the finest shops in Ginza!

eileen

Jean Peters said...

Great design Amanda - very beautiful
Jean x

Cricut Home said...

great post! very artistic..thanks for the tips and idea share. we will come back often.

Regards,

Marife

Jennifer Stutzman said...

hi Amanda. I love your blog!! Someone told me you had some fathers day silhouette downloads on your site but I can't find them. Can you lead me in the right direction? thansk so much!